Friday, July 20, 2012

Babble



& I look into your face, your
eyes, bearing down into my soul,
mouth moving,
I cannot hear you,
you're all the same,
every single one of you,

You babble, babble, babble 
recounting every moment of your life,
every breath you've taken,
every tear you've cried,

Until you sound like a blur
of words, syllables, noises,
I'm sorry, what did you say?
I must have zoned out again...

You bore me to tears,
telling me the same thing
as you did yesterday,
same story,
same wound,
same outcome,

Then you babble about how
much you love me, always will,
we know each other "so well"...right?
Wrong...you can't stop talking
about yourself long enough to find me
in the maze of your life,
In the maze of myself...

You don't know my
favorite color, favorite song,
favorite food, most hated attribute,
about men, women, life, love,
do you even know my name?

Do you know who I am?
Do you see me?
Do you really know that I am here?
In front of you?
Behind you?
Next to you?
On top of you?


Do you realize that I exist?

....No.....You never will.....



No comments:

Post a Comment