Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Cant

"Baby, baby...when we first met, I never felt something so strong. You were like my lover and my best friend all wrapped into one with a ribbon on it..." -Rihanna 'Rehab'

I would dip my finger into you and rub you along my gums,
Smoke you, if I could,
You're like snorting cocaine through a rolled up fifty dollar bill,
And I know I should,

Just give you up, but I cant,

I wish I could liquify your essence,
Put it in a bong,
And get higher and higher on you until I cant see straight,
While playing those stupid songs,

From the 70's, but I cant,

The withdrawl from you is hell,
Pure, red-eyed hell,
Like a stupefying recreational drug baby,
You've caught me up in your spell,

Get away from you, I cant,

So I lay here, on this cold and dark floor,
Sweating from withdrawls so badly,
That I'm steaming tonight,
And I know, sadly,

To be without you...I just cant....

2 comments:

  1. Another amazing poem by my best friend!! Very sad, unfortunately but you wrote about the withdrawal of a lover with very precise phrases and emotions. I <3 You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! And thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete